1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using the denons multi input vs cd input better cd replay

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Jun 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all in reply to a post re pre/amps on ht rotel forum that i posted,

one of the replys was member had tried the multi input for cd replay and found this to give better sound than using the dedicated cd or dvd analogue inputs, this was with denon 3801 av reciever.

this i take it is the external decoder in normally used for scad/dvda so i tried this ,taking f/r cd rca to f/l external decoder sockets, then press ex in front panel of 3802,

i myself did not notice any sonic benifit , although i must admit i have cloth ears and have trouble noticing any differances with cheaper i/c vs more expensive.

on another note is it possible to plug preamp into f/r multi input on 3802 and (bypass) the internal preamp of 3802.

thanks all

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,575
    By using the External Decoder Inputs you are already bypassing the pre-amp of the 3802 (unless I've lost the plot!). It just passes the analogue signal straight through to the amplifiers, effectively turning the 3802 into a glorified volume knob. This should be the case with all amps/receivers with external decoder inputs although some do have bass management (for use with DVD Audio etc) as an option e.g Denon A1SR.