Using the Chimney to House AV Equipment and Having a Fireplace

billybear

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have bought a new house. The first room I have decided to do up is the living room. As my partner is disabled, we spend a lot of the time in the house now. So I am wanting to make it as comfortable as possible for us both.

One thing I would like to have is to have the TV mounted above the fireplace. I am concerned about the heat generated and if this would damage the TV - are there any precautions I should take? I'm looking for a hole in the wall fireplace as they look modern.

The other point is that I want to have the AV equipment embedded into the chimney breast on the right hand side. I was thinking could a tradesman knock out a hole, replaster it and put up some shelves so I can place my Sky+ box, Blu-Ray Player, PS3 and Amp.

I then want someone to install a surround sound system in the living room.

Other points to consider are that I would also like to use my Sky+ in the bedroom.

Is this possible? Would I need a flueless system, what equipment and work is required? I'm looking for someone to do this for me (I live in Manchester).

I've attached what I'm trying to acheive. Can anyone point out any similar projects?

scaled.php

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom