1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the Analog Line-in Recording function

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by oost, Sep 19, 2002.

1. oost

oost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey,

I've got a Canon mvx1i (includes a Analog Line-in Recording function), so normally I should be able to record directly from the tv (philips 28pw8707) or the VCR but after 1 week of trying I gave up.
    Not with the scart nor with the s-videocable seems it to work, I can monitor the picture in the LCD but the recording itself will not work. Does anyone had similar experiences? Solutions?
    thanks in advance for yr help

2. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oost, if you've got pics on the LCD, you can't be far away! Must be something simple in the menu. What do you get when you put the cam into 'record' mode? Sorry if this insults you, but is the cam in VCR mode, not camera mode when you try to record the analogue in signal?

3. oost

oost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for replying, vcr mode is on..., 1. I put on the pause, 2. I got a picture on the LCD, 3. I press recording and nothing at all happens, not with the remote not when pressing directly the button ??????? I am in the dark, why would one you buy a dv in + out????? HELP!!!!

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oost, I've sent you an e-mail.

5. oost

oost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx forum, by means of yr contacts someone tipped me the final solution.

1. Press the REC PAUSE button
    2. in order to start recording DON't press the REC PAUSE button again but simply press the PAUSE button!!
    IT WORKS!!

This example proves once again that there are no stupid questions, but only stupid answers...............

6. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never understood why manufactures come up with these daft ideas. I have a JVC VCR that I have to push 'pause' then 'record' & then PLAY?!? to start recording. What the f*** has PLAY got to do with RECORD? I have another VCR - a Toshiba that I have to push 'record' & 'another' red button at the same time. WHY? Is there a department somewhere that thinks up the stooooooopidist way to record. What's wrong with a single button with RECORD on it? Ah well, rant over. Glad you got it sorted oost.

Arthur.