Using Sony STR-DB790 without remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Toothy, Nov 13, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Toothy

Toothy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've managed to pickup a new STR-DB790, (to replace my STR-DB930), for £126, but it has no remote or manual, although I've downloaded the manual as a PDF file and printed it out. \0/

I want to play multichannel SACD disc in my Pio 868, but I can't enable MULTI CH it seems...without the remote. The manual says press MULTI CH on the remote but doesn't mention any keypresses on the machine to enable this.

Can this be enabled on the amp itself???

I've ordered the remote from Sony, (£30) buy it's going to take at least 10 days for it to arrive. :(

2. JudgeBaxter

JudgeBaxter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi There,

Had EXACTLY the same situation. Got a 790 second hand with no remote or manual. You can do 95% of the functions via the menu's on the machine itself, BUT, I think that multi-channel is one of the few functions that you have to have the remote for. I've still got my downloaded instructions (with loads of scribbled notes on!!) at home, so I will check tonight and look at the remote to check that the function key is indeed there. I ended up with a spare remote as well as I ordered one from Sony but then had to return the amp as it was faulty. Up to you, but if it's not too late to cancel your order, I could sell you the one I've got for say £22 inc. P&P - cost me £36 about 6/7 weeks ago. Could post it out today. It's useless to me now as I've got a Marantz amp, so was going to sell it on here or E-Bay it anyway.

Sorry, not meant to be ruthless.....just thought I'd offer a slightly quicker solution and save you/make me a few quid.

Cheers,

dave b (JudgeBaxter)

3. Toothy

Toothy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the offer, but I've already paid a deposit on the new remote....I'll wait a few more days.

:) :thumbsup: