1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using sony HD5 abroad

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ali13B, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ali13B

Standard Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I'm completely new to the mp3 world, but have gleaned enough info from searching the forums (thank you all!) to more or less work out what I (think I) need.
    However, there are a couple of outstanding questions which may affect final purchase...

Ideally, I need a 20Gb mp3 player (coping with ~200 CDs) that can also function as a hard drive to download word, excel and powerpoint files and a reasonable batery life.
    The Sony range seem to fit these criteria q nicely (and never having used any download programme before, SS might not seem all that bad to a novice!)

HOWEVER, (and most importantly) it needs to be able to function on a foreign power network - mainly Australasia (240v AC/50Hz)) and if possible also the Americas, but also to be connectable to a standard hi-fi system (again, abroad).

Would the sony hd-5 be suitable for these requirements, or would another make/model me more suitable? (I was looking at the i-riverH320 initially for its photo downloading capability, but have just found out my camera would not be compatible!)

While I'm here though, another question (sorry!)
    my current PC runs WinME, and only has USB 1.1 - is this going to be an issue (the Sony website was somewhat contradictory!)

Many thanks for any advice,