Using Sony HD3 as IPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by world_tripper, Mar 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. world_tripper

world_tripper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently, I was playing around with the HD3 and found that after bookmarking 100 tracks (using up button whilst a track is played) you could then use the random play setting (Unit Shuffle) and it randomizes between those 100 tracks you have previously bookmarked, making it work like an ipod shuffle.

I know its not a firmware upgrade or flashing neon lights, but thought it was a helpful tip :)

2. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I would be interested to know if your player remains stable after bookmarking tracks. I started to use the bookmark feature on my HD3 and began to notice that the machine started shutting down and freezing on a fairly regular basis.

It got to the point where I decided to format the device and re-transfer all my music. I've had three shutdowns since but they are far less frequent now.

3. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can actually get the player to shuffle every track on the player; which I assume is what you want to do? My HD3 is long gone now, but if I remember correctly you select "shuffle", then go back in the library, and select a song in an album by any artist, then just press the track forward button a few times to see if it does shuffle by every track in the player rather than just that album. If it doesn't work, turn shuffle off, then turn it on again and it eventually shuffles everything. Sorry bad explenation, but works for me!

4. world_tripper

world_tripper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont really use the shuffle feature for the whole library. As sometimes you get the odd song from an album that you just dont like. I just use it for the top 100 tracks only. My HD3 is pretty solid for the moment - I've been on the road travelling since last June and it hasnt mucked up (yet).

It also has Seasons 1-9 of South Park, a bunch of divx movies for my GP32 handheld and pictures from my trip, so I'm pretty delicate with it at all times.

5. KeithO

KeithO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I usually run my HD3 in 'unit shuffle' mode, so it randomly selects tracks from all the albums (450+ CDs) on there. Sure I sometimes get a track I don't like, but then you can just hit the >> button and it jumps to a new track.

Brilliant way of rediscovering your music collection - I have it running through a pair of speakers by my PC screen at work. Makes the office almost bearable :thumbsup: