1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Sonic Stage with NWHD5: Help pls re: importing CD & Previewing Songs...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Paul Cooksley, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi there

I am using a Sony NWHD5 and Sonic Stage software (the software the came with it - not the updated version)

I notice that when I 'import a CD' from the options, whilst all the titles and songs appear fine, it would seem, for some reason, that I cannot preview the titles in this mode... I double click them - the file starts to play (I can see the counter moving on ..) but there is no sound at all...

They copy fine (import) into the library as atrac plus 3 64mb files - I can hear them fine in the library, but just wondered if anyone knows why I cannot preview them (hear them) before importing???

They are all just commercial CD's that I am importing (no copied ones or anything - just original titles)

Any help really appreciated

2. vtah236

vtah236
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    daft answer - but maybe the volume settings on your taskbar sound icon are too low

3. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    No, checked that....

Unfortunately, what seems to be happening is that when I try and preview a track, it sounds very 'choppy' and then sometimes the pc locks up and when I do cntrl, alt and delete it says "Sonic Stage is not responding" - so I have to 'end task' and start it up again .. I have just downloaded the latest version (3.2) and it is still the same ..

As I say, no problem in actually transferring/importing the tracks - you can hear them fine once they are in 'my library - just seems that I can't really seem to preview them for some reason....

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

4. Jerwood

Jerwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have experienced a similar problem - it happens only when tracks are being imported. It will play the track you are currently importing, but not those waiting. Mine will preview if importing is stopped. Hope this is useful.

5. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It could be because SS is such a memory hog in many environments. Can't handle preview and transferring at the same time.

6. Paul Cooksley

Paul Cooksley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Thanks for your answers...

I wonder if you are right about the memory hog.... as I say, the songs kind of preview play, but sound very stuttery and juddery until I have them in the library ...

I am running a Windows XP PC with 512 mb of memory so wonder if it needs more to handle this?