Using Sky+ tosupply Projector AND remote TV via Magic Eye. What about "Freesat"?

pakeen

Standard Member
Reaction score
It is intended to supply a Projector and a remote TV (via Magic Eye or Wireless),both from a still to to be installed, High Def Sky+ complete with dish. Can the TV also be supplied with Freesat,using an old Digibox & ood card,from the new dish or will a separate dish be neccessary for the Freesat. Cabling not a proble PS I'm assuming that since the Magic Eye will use RF2, no connection to the Sky+ box will be available. Any advice?help please? Thanks in advance.

I doubt whether many people will be able to answer your question, since very little is known about the Sky HD box, which is rumoured for release in February 2006.

Supposing it was just a standard Sky+ installation?
PS Is the Sky box relevant if you can come straight from the dish

I'm at a bit of a loss understanding you - why should you want to supply both Sky+ and Freesat to the same TV ? The channel line-up on Sky+ covers all the Freesat channels.

I also don't understand your reference to "coming straight from the dish" ? :confused:

The purpose of the Freesat to the TV is to enable a TV viewer to watch,say,Corrie,while Sky footie or a Test Match is being watched on the cinema projector screen.
With regard to the straight from the dish bit, I am presuming that you might be able to run another cable from the dish to the Freesat box dedicated to the TV so that the TV viewer can choose between watching what's coming from the Sky+ box or the Freesat. The projector would only be used for special events.

Have just seen your reply in the "Fixing existing box in other room" thread-1045 today. Is this the answer I'm looking for or am I,in my admitted ignorance, missing something?

Hi Pakeen.

I have the system I think you are on about. I have my Sky+ connected to my Pj in one living room and it is also connected via RF2 to a TV in my second lounge. Now in my second lounge I also have the TV connected to a second Sky digibox (freeview). So basically I (wife) can watch Corrie and all that on freeview and if I want I can watch anything thats on my Sky+ account in this room also. Hope that makes sense :)

PS I only use the 1 dish. 2 LNB outputs for Sky+ and 1 for freeview.

What a splendid fellow you are!!
Just to ensure that I understand-"the Sky man" will fit the dish and two cables down to the Sky+ box & there will still be a spare 'ole,at the dish end, to plug in another cable which would go to the old Sky box. (Please excuse my technical jargon.) Whether the now defunct Sky card will have to be replced by a £20 card from Sky will be a matter of "suck it & see".
Please say I've got it right-my 'eads beginning to 'urt!

pakeen said:
What a splendid fellow you are!!
Just to ensure that I understand-"the Sky man" will fit the dish and two cables down to the Sky+ box & there will still be a spare 'ole,at the dish end, to plug in another cable which would go to the old Sky box. (Please excuse my technical jargon.) Whether the now defunct Sky card will have to be replced by a £20 card from Sky will be a matter of "suck it & see".
Please say I've got it right-my 'eads beginning to 'urt!
Spot on :thumbsup:

Bung the Sky installer £20 and see if he will fit the additional cable :smashin:

Thanks everybody-I think I'm up to speed-of course I'll probably be back! Fair warning!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom