1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Sky to distribute DAB

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Billy69, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Billy69

Billy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, a bit of a technical question.

If I plug a DAB aerial into the aerial in on my Sky+ box, then I run the TV2 output with TVLink turned on to another room, will I be able to separate the DAB and Sky TV outputs after the TVLink magic eye?

Will I still be able to separate out the DAB and Sky TV outputs if there is a GlobalComm 2-way splitter/amplifier splitting the outgoing TV2 signal?

Failing that, is it possible to connect a DAB aerial into a cable carrying the TVLink enabled sky output? I was thinking of using a TVLink bridge and a diplexer, with another diplexer after the magic eye?

Many thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Very doubtful. DAB uses a much lower frequency than terrestrial TV, and it's unlikely that it will pass it through at any reasonable strength.

3. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How good is your dab signal stregth without the aerial. A few years ago I was doing some mystery shopping as a summer job for digitalone (owners of the commercial national multiplex) and the engineering bods told me that you get more data corruption when the signal strength is at its highest. I've always used the indoor aerial which gets me about half way and the sound is perfect.

4. Billy69

Billy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    My DAB signal strength is OK in most parts of my house using the inbuilt aerial (Its a Pure Bug radio). But unfortunately the room I want it in has poor reception, and I get a lot of drop-outs.

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0