Using Sky Gnome without viewing card?

P

PEHowland

I have a new SkyHD receiver and Quad LNB. As a result, my original Sky receiver is now sitting unused. I wondered whether it would be possible to connect my old Sky receiver to one of the unused inputs on my LNB and to then use it to provide the signal for the Sky Gnome radio receiver? I obviously don't have a viewing card for the old Sky receiver as it is now paired with the new HD receiver. I can't justify a multiroom subscription simply for radio. Would this work?

Cupart

I have a sky gnome set up to a spare digibox and it works fine without a subscription. Go for it, but don't expect super high quality on all the radio channels. The quality is only as good as the broadcaster broadcasts the signal in...

E

ess

the good news is that the bitrate is better on digital satellite than it is on freeview and even DAB!

Cupart

ess said:
the good news is that the bitrate is better on digital satellite than it is on freeview and even DAB!
But it seems like some of the broadcasters have turned the volume so much up, that the sound gets badly distorted.

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
Go into the Services Menu & turn the volume down to about 75%. I had quite irritating distortion on my Gnome with the digibox volume set at maximum.