• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

using sky disk for freeview feed

moghm

Standard Member
Hi guys,

this maybe a very silly question. However, my questions is based upon me living in the northwest and receiving a good signal through a normal loft aerial to power my freeview, which I installed a few months ago. I have moved house now and am in the process of reducing wires, etc. I have a sky dish installed that feeds into a sky hd box. I also have a roof aerial which feeds the freeview to the built in tuner in my tv.

In order to cut down on wires, I was thinking of feeding a rf cable to one of the available ports in my quad LNB to the freeview feed on the TV. Is the sky dish capable of picking up a signal in this way ? or is the bandwidth totally different ?

would be good to know your opionions about this ?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom