Using Sky dish for Sky HD and other Hotbird channels

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by romster, Feb 6, 2009.

1. romster

romster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    All

please forgive me if the answers to my questions are all to obvious. I'm probably a double-newbie (new to world of sat/sky, new to the UK) so bear with me..:)

My ultimate goal is to have a setup with Sky HD and also other German/Swiss channels off Hotbird.
    Therefore the questions:
    - I should get Sky installed somewhere within the next two weeks. Can I use the Sky dish and receive the Hotbird channels on that as well (using e.g. two dual LNBs)?
    - Can I use another PVR sat receiver (e.g. dreambox) and use the sky card in that when I'm a legitimate subscriber?

Thanks for your help...

2. clasudaso

clasudaso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    did you ever get in running?

I am moving house in about 2 weeks and I am also interested in the same combination.

Thanks.

Regards, Claudio

3. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    I don't think you'd get 19E and 28E on the same antenna - certainly not the standard Sky one.
    I have a separate 19E antenna and combine it and the 28E into the same PVR receivers, Technomate and Fortec, with the Sky card working normally in them.

4. romster

romster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The short answer is: no

The slightly longer answer is that I got Sky HD all set up and working fine. I have decided to get a second, slightly larger dish for 19E and 13E running into a dreambox. I simply have not yet found the time to get someone in to set it up.
    So, 1install, if you're reading this: I know we have touched base earlier in the year but never managed to get it over the line. It's not off, just postponed.. :D