• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Using Samsung monitor for Sky TV

Begadoc

Established Member
My compute ruses two screens, the main one being a BenQ one with a secondary screen being a Samsung Syncmaster 2693 HM. This second screen sometimes doubles as a TV and connects to Sky Q repeater box. The connection for sound and vision to this box is via HDMI for sound and vision and the DVI input connects to my PC. There is an audio input to the internal speakers and a headphone output. I haven't been able to adjust the volume to these speakers - the Sky controller volume controls does nothing.
My issue is how to get better and controllable sound as the internal speakers are, well, internal speakers!
My PC audio card outputs to an eternal amplifier and speakers.

I could use the headphone socket to connect via an external switching box to the external amplifier and share with the PC sound as I would rarely if ever need both sound sources.

Any better ways?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom