Using RMF-TX600E remote on Sony XG9005 TV

Amzypop

Novice Member
I was wondering if anybody knows how I can get this remote working natively with my TV?

I’ve attached a picture of the remote I’ve bought (the silver one) and a picture of the remote that came with the TV.

Out of the box the new remote mostly works in IR mode - except for the voice control button which requires a Bluetooth connection.

However when trying to pair the remote to my TV natively through the “activate voice remote” section in Settings, the remote isn’t picked up by the TV at all.
When I force the remote to connect via Bluetooth through the Bluetooth section in Settings, the voice control button does work, but barely any other buttons do and they aren’t recognised in the button remapper app (downloaded from the Play Store).

I’m guessing that remote is programmed via its firmware to recognise certain TV models. I may be clutching at straws here, but given the nature of Android, I was wondering if there might be a workaround force the TV to connect to this remote natively.

Photos of the remotes are here:

rxtarcher

Novice Member
Hello, did you manage to find out a solution? I have a Sony KD-55XF9005 and I also bought the same remote control as you. In my case when I BT pair it with the TV, it works properly and every button of it is BT controlled.

BUT, if I turn the TV off and on, I have to BT pair it again, otherwise it only works with IR. So the problem is that it doesn't automatically pair with the BT everytime you turn on the TV.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom