1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using RGB with AVR300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by liteswap, Aug 25, 2004.

1. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone here use the HQ Video out connections on their AVR300 to a SCART/RGB-equipped TV? I've tried it and can't get it to work.

Physical connection is a four-wire RGB+Sync ProfiGold lead to the Panasonic WSTV. Sync is connected to MON out, RGB phonos plug into the colour-coded sockets.

Software setup has everything set to RGB, yet the screen remains blank. The manual mentions connecting an RGB trigger lead but there's no cable with one of those built-in that I can find. Is this the problem?

TIA for any assistance.

2. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    You problem is probably that your TV has not switched to the RGB inputs because it has not recived the RGB status signal. You can either modify your existing RBG lead by adding a stereo mini jack for the RGB and CVBS status lines or purchase one from QED, it is not on their web site but they do have the specification of the cable and can make one for you. The pin out is in the manual if you want to modify your existing cable.

Regards,
    Andrew

3. liteswap

liteswap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Andy. I'll have a go at this myself -- I know how to use a soldering iron -- so I need to add an extra lead from pins 8 and 16, that right?