1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using RGB on 32FX66 and Mico DVD - All Milky!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by NicktheNorse, Feb 23, 2003.

1. NicktheNorse

NicktheNorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a 32FX66 tv with a Mico sofia 02A dvd player (latest model from them) that is connected via scart to av2 on the tv. the dvd player is set to output RGB (which the TV recognizes - gives me the "dotted" rgb line in the left top corner) but the picture is all milky. im not sure what sort of quality the scart cable is, though it does have all the pins (unlike, for example, the scart cable that came with my PS2 which only has certain pins fitted).

any thoughts?

edit: ok done some more research. I have access to 3 scart cables here at home (all seem to be "full" - 20 central pins and one large rectangular one along the outside). I've tried AV1 and AV2 (both rgb) and whilst Sky digital works great on rgb using any cable on either AV channel, the dvd player still refuses to work properly. I then connected the dvd player through an s-video cable to AV4 and that worked fine. Then unplugged that and went back to having dvd (with rgb output only selected) into scart AV2.

I turned on the PiP feature and set it to display AV2 (so i had to av2 displays on screen - now something very interesting happened. The small picture in picture didnt have any milkyness - but the main window still had it! so it seems the tv is def. receiving an rgb signal. if i select another input (like av1) and then flip the pip view to full view the dvd rgb picture goes from being good (in its small view) to all milky (in its full view).

i have a picture: 370k though, soz, dont have access to paint program on this pc. note that the small picture looks *very* dark but on screen it is fine - the camera tries to play with the light and messes it up.

http://www.pedersen.eclipse.co.uk/pictures/hm.jpg

I quickly tried playing with my picture settings (which i have perfected for dvds through the composite scart using hours and hours in front of a THX optimizer) and had to turn brightness to very lowest setting, lower contrast a lot and crank up the color. the image did look a bit weird but its not all that milky anymore. of course, sky digital then looked complete pants.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Moved to here as requested by the owner.

3. NicktheNorse

NicktheNorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    ive had even more playing with it - still cant seem to do the trick. really strange. ive contacted Mico and they havent heard anything like it so it looks like its the TV or the cable - any thoughts?

4. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any way you can borrow another dvd player with an RGB feed as this could be the problem?

5. NicktheNorse

NicktheNorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    well thats just it, i have. sort of.

i had a Mico Clasica 20 - which, when using the RGB output had a green tinge to the picture. I called Mico they suggested it was a faulty scart output so i went to sainsburys and got the new sofia model. and now its not green, but all milky :confused:

6. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In that case it looks like the fault lies with the player then. Perhaps a different brand of player?