1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using remote control for A80 & AVR300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by LFCRules, Nov 20, 2004.

1. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Checking out the manuals for both the A80/AVR300 on the Arcam website, they quote Philips RC-5 compatible remote control codes. I have a Marantz RC5200 which can accept these codes. I have the A80 already coded in the remote, and I have an AVR300 on order to be available for pick up in the next couple of weeks.

The problem is, the manuals both quote the same remote control codes for the A80 & AVR300. As such, would I be right in saying if I coded them both into the RC5200, say I pressed the standby command for the A80, both the A80 & AVR300 would be turned off? How do the RC5 codes differentiate between the AVR300 and A80? Anybody in a similar situation, or does Mr Dawson or Mr Dutton have a view? Any help gratefully received :lease:

2. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    come on, someone has got to be in a similar position?

3. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Nothing definitive, but I had an A75 running when I borrowed an AVR300 on home demo. Both responded to the same remote codes (mute, on/off, input etc). Got a bit confusing though - since the reception angle on both is fairly narrow, it was all too easy to mute one and not the other. Not a problem for me, 'cos I'm only running the AVR300 now, but a pain if you are trying to use both.

4. Robin Francis

Robin Francis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From version 2.90 you can set the AVR250/AVR300 to a different IR system code. The default is code 16. This can be changed to code 19. Another feature is that zone2 can be set to a different code than zone1. This enables you to control the zone2 functions from the front panel ir receiver.
    If you set your AVR300 to code 19 you will be able to control your A80 and AVR300 independantly. The AUX button on the CR80 remote can be set to code 19. Read the CR80 manual on how to do this.

5. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Superb, cheers Robin.

6. Robin Francis

Robin Francis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Observe that the code 19 functions that the AUX button can be set to on the CR80 only are some basic features. To fully control the AVR250/AVR300 using code 19 you have to use a fully programable remote like the RC5200 you have. The RC5200 can then be used to learn the CR80 if you wish. The AVR300 manual has a complete list of all the remote codes. Just use code 19 base instead of 16. The other values are the same.

7. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Cheers again, I can now start to build the different screens into my RC5200. I just hope Audio-T come through on their delivery timescales :)

8. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Well, I now have the AVR300, but it was delivered with old software :( So I got myself a null modem cable, and the software off the internet, and now have V2.90. However, how do I set the AVR300 to IR code to 19?? Robin gave me a suggestion via PM, but I couldn't get it to work. Any ideas anyone, Robin??