• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Using receiver for Movies and then Music?

nath69uk

Standard Member
Hi all,

I recently posted up a thread regarding my setup and how it lacks a bit when playing music.

I'm running Kef 1005, and a vsx921.

I know its not going to blow my clothes of but still something just wasn't right.

If I have used MCACC to setup my system for me I take it that these settings are also used for playing music?

If thats the case is that why my setup is lacking?

Ive checked my speaker settings and my speakers are near all set to minus figures.

L -2.5
C -5.0
R -4.5
SR -7.0
SL -6.0
SW +3.5

Because these are setup by MCACC I take it that they are right, however should these same settings be used for all types of playback? Films, Music etc etc?

Bit confused.

Thanks
Nathan

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Yes they're used for both. Feel free to make manual adjustments. Try adjusting the angle of the front left and right pair and moving them further/closer to the wall. Run the setup again after any change.

If after you have exhausted all setting changes, it could be equipment rather than settings. Maybe consider adding a pair of bookshelf speakers for music duties up front.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Most AVR’s can be set to L+R or L+R + Sub for Music playback rather than using one of the 5.1 ‘music’ modes!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom