using ps2 games online on the ps3

RSVdaz

Ex Member
Reaction score
can someone give me a step by step process how to do this.

everytime i try it looks for the network config as set up on the ps2

ive read the pes6 thread but cant make head or tail of whats supposed to be done

anyone tried COD2 & 3 (ps2) online on the ps3

last question...i presume if i get the ps2 games online i can play with ppl either with ps2 and ps3 or are they different servers?

Go into the game menu on the XMB. Use create 'PS2 memory utility' if you haven't already done so. Load up PES6, then choose the Network option. When you are asked to select an network configurtion, press X, then press square to edit/create a new one.

The required settings will be the same as what you have configured for the PS3 - see settings/network settings/settings and connection status list from the XMB (do this first!!)

:oops: it turns out ive actually got pes5 :oops:

it has net play did all the settings and keep getting DNAS error.
but after i gave up i slung in COD2 and it found the network config i set up for the above and was able to get online..i chose a game(s) i wanted to join but it i keep getting "cannot connect to host" or "cannot connect to all players" errors:confused:

:oops: it turns out ive actually got pes5 :oops:

it has net play did all the settings and keep getting DNAS error.
but after i gave up i slung in COD2 and it found the network config i set up for the above and was able to get online..i chose a game(s) i wanted to join but it i keep getting "cannot connect to host" or "cannot connect to all players" errors:confused:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Gamespy hosting. If it's not your router, it'll be someone elses...CoD2 is pants online anyway, so your not missing much.

i've just got COD2 this morning and tried it (already had the internet for PS2 games set up games) its working ok. took a couple of goes to get into 1 game and another did what happened to you "cannot connect to all players"

Since the 1.7 update, PS2 CoD3 is no longer compatible - it was on 1.6 though... :(

Correction.... some copies are - it's just the SLES number ending "66" that I have that isn't...

Since the 1.7 update, PS2 CoD3 is no longer compatible - it was on 1.6 though... :(

tbh i prefered COD2 than 3....will give it another go as i have changed my dmz settings

Can anyone help - I'm trying to play PES6 online and get past the DNAS bit and when "checking network" environment it says it could not use UDP Port. :thumbsdow

Can anyone advise how to fix this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

If you can enable DMZ on your router that should fix it.

try also to set a fixed UDP port on the router (say from 4500 to 4500). it worked for me

Correction.... some copies are - it's just the SLES number ending "66" that I have that isn't...

Works again now after 1.8... :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom