1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using PriceJapan

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by RedRose, Nov 5, 2002.

1. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Has anybody actually bought a pj from this site? It seems very cheap compared to the UK Treasure Island prices. Sorry if these q's have been asked before, but here goes:

1. Any experience of receiving a faulty item and how well/poorly it was dealt with.
    2. If you bought something from them, did you get charged Duty/VAT by Customs.
    3. Are they "pure" Japan items and if so is any modification needed for 240v 50Hz (I'm not sure what they use in Japan).
    4. Apart from reasons such as "I don't feel confident using them" are there any good, solid reasons why they should or shouldn't be used.

Thanks.

2. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never bought anything from PriceJapan myself, guys in AE300 Buyers that thread have.

1) Dunno
    2) The two guys in that thread say they never paid duty or VAT on their projectors
    3) Check that thread for talk about power supply conversion stuff
    4) Not sure, I've personally never used them. Loads of people over at AVSForum seem to use them with no complaints though.

Hope this helps.

3. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks. Your link pretty much covers it. Just seems too good to be true. Maybe we have a reputation for being reluctant to buy beyond our borders. The sooner we join the Euro the better.