1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Power DVD to play DVDS

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Manse, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Manse

Manse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im pretty new to this whole - using laptop to play DVDs on my TV Thing..... I have a few questions, please excuse my ignorance and bad jargon.

I have a Philips 6526 with S-Video in an a IBM laptop with S-Video out. I use Power DVD to play DVDs via an S-Video cable on my TV.

They play OK, but there is only a 1/3 of the screen taken up by the DVD

My Tv Screen ---> = is the space taken up by the DVD

------------------------------------------------------
    - -
    - -
    - -
    -=============================-
    - -
    - -
    - -
    ------------------------------------------------------

How can i play about with my Win 2000 settings to get this to fill the whole screen. Thanks in advance :cool:

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,761
    Depending on the aspect ratio of the film it's more than likely that you will always have some black bars top and bottom.
    However, if "Keep aspect Ratio" is ticked in the PowerDVD menu then this will compress the image more than it should. Not sure of the reasons why but I've found that all films are better with this option unticked.

3. Manse

Manse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been playing around with Powerstrip and cannot seem to make i work any better - Matrix plays fine but only shows about 6 inchs up and down and all the way across the screen. More help needed please.