1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using PC Speakers (DTT2200) for TV?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Sicton, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is it possible to use the Cambridge Soundworks DTT2200 5.1 kit on a TV rather than a PC? I would imagine you would need a converter for the connections because they're split into front, rear and centre/sub.

Any ideas?

2. RichIbizaSport

RichIbizaSport
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got the exact same speakers and the exact same question!

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +941
    Moved to hcpc, guys as this is more pc related i will move here to see if anyone else has tried this :)

4. FeiJi Fancier

FeiJi Fancier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I dont see anything remotely PC orientated about this query - it's a Television to a sound system connection query. No computers involved whatsoever.

You can certainly connect a TV to a DTT2200 - and it will, if you select the right option, give a pseudo surround sound effect, I would imagine.

Quite how you connect it, depends on the output options available on the TV.

A 3.5mm jack headphones socket to the aux input on the DTT2200 will work. Keep the volume control on the PC at a reasonable level - I suggest turning it down to 0 to start with, and gently increasing it until you get a reasonable, unclipped, sound coming from the sound system - set that initially around about volume 5. After all, you don't want to over excite the speakers at this point, you could blow them if the sound level is too high.