1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using other speakers on dd5.1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by nigelcraft, Feb 16, 2002.

1. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi ive got a technics dolby digital 5.1 system and am using large speakers for my front left and right which didnt come with the system as they have a bit more bass and sound really good now the two back speakers that came with the system always sound a bit tinny,i have a pair of large speakers which i used to use for my stereo system with similar connections to the front ones can i use these speakers for the back two speakers or do you have to have small ones for the back left and right for it to sound right?????

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +859
    You can use larger speakers for the rears, just check the Impedance of the speaker to make sure your amp can run them.

Some of the smaller speakers that come with Technics systems are 16ohms.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    How about a bit more effort in terms of writing, this is so difficult to read (and hence might force less answers)!?

Anyhow, ideally you should have speakers of the same brand and series all around, in a perfect setup all speakers would actually be of the same type but that is not always possible due to placing or financial issues.
    You may otherwise use any speakers for the rears, so you old stereo fronts may well do the trick and improve the overall performance. Try it and give us some feedback, too.

4. nigelcraft

nigelcraft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i will get them out and have a try

thanks for all your help