Using my Samsung IntelliZoom camcorder as a webcam

LostInFL

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a old, reliable Intellizoom 65x camcorder (SMX-F54BN/XAA) that I would like to use as a webcam.
I have the USB cable to connect to my Windows10 PC, but the system won't let me install the iStudio software (from the camcorder)
Anyone have experience with this?

First question, even with the software installed, does it send live video over USB?

Given the age of this camcorder, you may need to run the software in compatibility mode. What options come up when you plug it in to your PC?

First question, even with the software installed, does it send live video over USB?

Given the age of this camcorder, you may need to run the software in compatibility mode. What options come up when you plug it in to your PC?
When the USB is attached it tries to download the link software to my PC. But Win 10 blocks it with a security violation

OK, if you are logged in as an admin, you should be able to click "More Information" or something similar and this should allow you to continue with the installation.

It may not work on Windows 10 at all, so you should look at Samsung's site to see if there's been an update at all.

Nothing mentioned in the online information so a case of suck it and see.

I can see no mention of USB streaming in the manual, so it is highly unlikely that it is capable. Even if you downloaded the software for file management, you would probably have to rely on legacy support to use it as a webcam as Samsung do not make cameras anymore. It looks like a standard definition camcorder (by the manual I found on-line), so a dedicated webcam would almost certainly be of superior quality. Sorry. it looks like this is a non-starter.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom