Using my plasma for the first time

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by snakeeater, May 20, 2004.

1. snakeeater

snakeeater
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I will be switching my Panny 6 on for the first time tonight. Everything will initially hooked up via scart with the rgb2vga to come later.

What are the initial brightness and contrast settings that you guys recommend, along with the number of other picture settings that make very little sense to me as of yet :confused:

Would you say 100 hours is a good run in time or would you play it safe and go for 200?

Thanks for any advice :smashin:

2. Ancillotti

Ancillotti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "What are the initial brightness and contrast settings that you guys recommend"

I have left the initial brightness and contrast settings as they are until the run in time has passed. However I did change the viewing type from 'Dynamic' to 'Cinema', which basically lowers both contrast and brightness to a safe, but viewable level :)

I can't see any harm in raising contrast/brightness levels as long as the screen is not left for a long period of time with static images (Channel logos) or black borders from films on display.

"Would you say 100 hours is a good run in time or would you play it safe and go for 200?"

Usually with Panny screens 100 hours is fine :)

Have fun and be amazed! :thumbsup: