Using my PC on my PV500

mickyd67

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

What do I do to get from my PC to come out of the speakers on my PV500?

Is it simply a case of buying a phono cable and connecting it to the PC into the TV?

Any pointers?

You want a cable with a 3.5mm jack at one end for the audio out on your PC, and phonos on the other end to go in to your plasma Audio In

Cheers Mal - that's 2 cyber beers I owe you this morning :)

Just a question but have you had any luck at using the PV500 with your PC?

Jim,

Yes, it works no problem. It's a standard desktop PC I have, but as I say my TFT has packed in for some reason - so in the meantime (might be longer than that) I've moved the PC next to my PV500.

There is a PC connection on the back of the plasma for this very purpose.

In terms of functionality it's fine - just a (rather expensive) 42" monitor. Only thing I need to do is get a cable to feed the sound from the PC into the plasma.

If I had, or liked any, of the PC's that could sit under your TV and look like a video then I'd keep the set up as it is. I like minimal cables/ items around the screen - and the PC sitting where it is isn't my cup of tea.

That aside, and if (like me) you have a wireless keyboard and mouse it's a better than good alternative.

It is easy to get you PC to display, just set the output to 1024 x 768 for very sharp graphics, but there is a slight stretched look as the 42" pixels aren't square, but that is easy to sort out in windows media player by setting the display properties to the correct ratio 1.33 ie. 1024 / 768.

Mal

mal600908 said:
It is easy to get you PC to display, just set the output to 1024 x 768 for very sharp graphics, but there is a slight stretched look as the 42" pixels aren't square, but that is easy to sort out in windows media player by setting the display properties to the correct ratio 1.33 ie. 1024 / 768.

Mal

Hi Mal,
Where exactly in Windows Media Player can you change the aspect ratio?

Thanks,
Simon

Thanks to Goone and Mal - sorry I didn't look in the PV500 FAQ, I thought it was more of a general question.

mal600908 said:

Mal
any one know if there is a way to do this with VLC media player and anyone have info on the clock settings etc for the 42"

cant find them using search

bump

anyone got any info on this i can find the 37" and 50" but not the 42"

looking mainly for clock setting details like the ace post for the 37" in the sticky

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom