Using Mouse on XBox or PS4

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a PS4 a couple of yeras ago but completely failed to get used to the controller. Particularly in Action games I found moving and targeting almost impossible. I really dont want a PC or laptop but as a Mac user the games avilable are pretty much useless.

I have read a couple of articles about being able to use a bluetooth mouse with an XBox. Does anyone here have any knowledge of using a mouse with either the XBox or the PS4 please ?

Have you looked at the XIM Apex? That is probably the best solution for your needs. XBox has some native support now but its software dependent

Thanks I was just looking at that. Its "expensive" but its all relative if it does the job.

I am sure I have seen a video recently of someone playing the new Modern Warfare with a mouse and keyboard on PS4. In fact, I think there is an option to fine tune if you have a keyboard and a mouse for the game on console.

Possibly the one I have seen a while ago. I’ll chase it down

Yes, I think some developers build it into the game and others don’t. Read that it could be deemed “unfair” as mouse is quicker that pads. But for quite a few people a mouse is the only way they can use a console because of physical restrictions

I wouldn't have a clue how to use a mouse and keyboard to play a game.

There are two "camps" for sure. I've always played games on PC but its not just that I'm used to a mouse.

Moving from PC to console has been a painful experience. Just experience how the aiming cursor moves on a console, compared to a PC, will tell you how poor consoles are for any tracking type action.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom