using MCE with dvb-s without a sky package.

JonLeach

Novice Member
i have read through the thread about using mce with sky and ok great if you have sky,

i'm after not using sky but would love to have access to these bbc-hd channels or any other for that matter.

i'm too far away from Crystal Palace, 200 miles!! to use freeview so whats the alternative? if there is one.

Thanks

Jon

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
The description in the Sticky can be used to set up MCE with all the Free To Air DVB-S channels much more simply than worrying about the encrypted channels.

It's not possible to integrate BBC HD satellite TV into MCE but the excellent DVBViewer can be used for viewing & recording all the SD FTA channels as well as BBC HD. It can even be set up in server mode so that other DVBViewer clients on the LAN can watch satellite TV too. You can even watch & record several channels at once with just one satellite card provided that they ar all on the same transponder e.g. BBC HD plus BBC 1 or BBC1+BBC2+BBC Three+BBC Four

There is a plugin application for Digigide called DABdig that apparently allows you to schedule recordings from Digiguide.

JonLeach

Novice Member
nigelbb said:
The description in the Sticky can be used to set up MCE with all the Free To Air DVB-S channels much more simply than worrying about the encrypted channels.

It's not possible to integrate BBC HD satellite TV into MCE but the excellent DVBViewer can be used for viewing & recording all the SD FTA channels as well as BBC HD. It can even be set up in server mode so that other DVBViewer clients on the LAN can watch satellite TV too. You can even watch & record several channels at once with just one satellite card provided that they ar all on the same transponder e.g. BBC HD plus BBC 1 or BBC1+BBC2+BBC Three+BBC Four

There is a plugin application for Digigide called DABdig that apparently allows you to schedule recordings from Digiguide.
cheers nigel more digging required

Jon

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
I should also add that the picture quality from even SD channels using a DVB-S card is by far the best that is obtainable. Much clearer than RGB from a digibox & about double the bit rate of DVB-T (Freeview).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom