• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Using MCE remote on an a non-MCE system?

Solero

Standard Member
Have got one of these remotes (Model No.1039) and I was wondering how I get it to work with Windows XP Home edition (SP2)?
Is this possible? was hoping to use with MediaPortal until my new system arrives.
I dont have any installation disks, plugged reciever into USB hoping for the best but nothing happened!
Any help would be appreciated

Solero

Standard Member
I found this method of getting the drivers but there didnt seem to be the log file

"You can get them with the following procedure.
1) Download the Windows Update “Update Rollup 2 for eHome Infrared Receiver for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (KB912024)” from microsoft. It is available from this page (Microsoft.com).
2) run the downloaded executable. When the Hotfix install wizard appears on the screen… STOP!! do not continue with the installation wizard.
3) run notepad, and open the file named kb912024.log that is located in your windows system directory (usually c:\windows\).
4) on the fourth line of this file you will find the path to the update executable (ie: c:\0d5602f37f532d2198a162164df6\update\update.exe).
5) Open Windows and navigate to the root of this path (ie: c:\0d5602f37f532d2198a162164df6). There you will find SP2QFE. Navigate to this directory.
6) In the SP2QPE directory you will find the irbus.sys file. In the “ip” directory will contain the irbus.inf file.
7) Copy these two files to a temporary directory of your choice.
8) Go back to the Hotfix install wizard and select CANCEL. The wizard will ask if you are sure… answer yes. The wizard will clean up after itself."

Solero

Standard Member
Excellent thanks, managed to find the drivers and get it working no problem without the complicated method above!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom