Using MB as a desktop computer?

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by Saldawop, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Saldawop

Saldawop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,061
    OK, I currently have a macbook and a PC .Would like to hook the macbook up to a monitor along with the PC .Will be buying a monitor this week (HP 22"with VGA and DVI) .So thats the video sorted . Now onto sound , the PC is on 24/7 ...at the moment at least .Can I buy a splitter so that I can plug my speakers into both the MB and the soundcard on my PC?

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
  3. Saldawop

Saldawop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,061
    Well, I bought my monitor ,hooked up the MB and it looks fantastic . However today was the first time I couldnt play a track in Garageband ,can't remember the exact message, something along the lines of theres too many tracks or real instruments ( I was just trying out the magic garageband to test out the monitors inbuilt speaker...shouldnt of bothered !!)

When nothing is opened apart from Safari and Mail,for example according to Activity Manager 538MB of memory is being used . Should I just bite the bullet and buy some extra Ram? Take it up to 2GB? Would it make a difference?Is the problem the graphics memory when connected to the external screen?I am assuming it is ,as had no issues at all when used as a laptop,even running Parallels.