Using laptop to play movie on projector via av receiver

batman98

Novice Member
Reaction score
Will the picture quality be decreased when I play the movie on the laptop to projector via av receiver. The sound i get is Dolby atmos so the sound isn’t affected but will the image be affected?

Check that your projector supports outputting RGB High/Full 0-255 and set it to that so it matches PC output.

It if does not then the simplest thing to do is go into your GPU control panel, select the AV receiver/projector output and change its RGB output to Low/Limited 16-235.

If you do not have access to that option then select YUV/YCC output instead which will have a similar effect.

Check that your projector supports outputting RGB High/Full 0-255 and set it to that so it matches PC output.

It if does not then the simplest thing to do is go into your GPU control panel, select the AV receiver/projector output and change its RGB output to Low/Limited 16-235.

If you do not have access to that option then select YUV/YCC output instead which will have a similar effect.
I am not that knowledgeable about the projector setup . I have a Sony hw 45ES.with marrantz SR 6012.and a windows 10 laptop with these specifications. What changes should I do while the playing the video from the laptop to get the best quality ? Thanks and and could tell it in a simple way.

Attachments

• 070C9060-AE2C-44EA-B383-C2D01DD6A294.jpeg
    070C9060-AE2C-44EA-B383-C2D01DD6A294.jpeg
    712.8 KB · Views: 75
I am not that knowledgeable about the projector setup . I have a Sony hw 45ES.with marrantz SR 6012.and a windows 10 laptop with these specifications. What changes should I do while the playing the video from the laptop to get the best quality ? Thanks and and could tell it in a simple way.

1 - update Intel GPU driver.

2 - install Intel command centre from windows app store if its not installed automatically.

3 - go to display setup and as shown in picture here select ycbcr output for the receiver/projector that is the second monitor.

If you don't have the Intel command centre as your GPU driver uses an older control panel that looks like one of these hunt around for the ycbcr option.

All of the above can only be done via Intel GPU driver and command centre the stock windows settings are of no use.

Cant make it any simpler than that.

Thank you I’ll try it out
1 - update Intel GPU driver.

2 - install Intel command centre from windows app store if its not installed automatically.

3 - go to display setup and as shown in picture here select ycbcr output for the receiver/projector that is the second monitor.

If you don't have the Intel command centre as your GPU driver uses an older control panel that looks like one of these hunt around for the ycbcr option.

All of the above can only be done via Intel GPU driver and command centre the stock windows settings are of no use.

Cant make it any simpler than that.
Thank you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom