1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using JVC LT-37DS6 as a monitor?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by LRenno, Oct 14, 2005.

1. LRenno

LRenno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well i've finally done it, just purchased this TV off the net for £1550. When it arrives i'd like to hook my PC up to it, but am unsure what connection to use?

1.The manual states it has HDMI which would be fine if i run a DVI-HDMI cable from my Geforce 6800 Ultra (this card sports 2 DVI sockets does this mean i can keep my current monitor rigged up as well as the new JVC?)

2.The manual also states the JVC has a PC input socket that uses a d-sub connector??? looks like a VGA socket to me. can anyone explain what one of these is and which input i would be best off using?

In the future i will probably be looking at buying the PS3 so will end up using the HDMI socket for that, just wanted to know the kind of quality i can get throught the d-sub connector.

Thanks for the help in advance

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,028
    2 DVI sockets means yes, you can run two separate monitors.

you can convert the DVI into either a HDMI or VGA connector with an adapter. Dsub means VGA

Have a play with both, as the HDMI input might not be as flexible for PC resolutions, the VGA might be the best way to go.

3. LRenno

LRenno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    thanks thats just what i wanted to know.

4. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have this set and have a 7800GTX with 2x DVI outs. I also have a DVI > Cable. I was unable to get any signal through, regardless of resolution. I you have success I would be greatful if you share how you did it.

Via the VGA (as detailed in others post) it only supports 1024x768 officially but can be run in full 1366x768 with a bit of work.