Using iPod as USB to play movies.

Which ipod? If its ipod touch then apple have made it incompatible (yes the 'open' apple:rolleyes:)

If not then make sure disc mode is enabled in itunes

Do you have disc mode enabled?

How are you adding the video files? I just enable disc mode and paste them into the root of the drive

Nano but it shouldnt matter is you have disc mode enabled it appears as a usb device, are you sure the file are compatible with the 360?

Also im sure youve done this but is the source set to usb device? by selecting videos then press x ..

Yes, it is a WMV file. And it is greyed out when i pressed X.

Have you watched HD movies through it.

Yes, it is a WMV file. And it is greyed out when i pressed X.

Have you watched HD movies through it.

OK the file type is not the issue then as the ipod is not even connecting as a usb device.. even if the file was incorrect you should still be able to select the usb device as a source.

Strange maybe that type of ipod was made incompatible aswell but from what i know as long as disc mode is enables you should at least be able to select the usb device.

If it's a mac-formatted iPod, you may have to download the optional iPod support update from the marketplace, even for it to mount as a USB drive, so that the 360 will recognise the filesystem it's formatted to (since it'll be HFS+, not FAT32 or NTFS).

Where you'll find this is anyone's guess now they've revamped marketplace, it used to be somewhere like 'all game downloads>ipod'.

If you've already downloaded it, maybe it's got corrupted or something, you could try deleting it from your console and redownloading it.

If you have a Windows-formatted iPod, I have no idea what's wrong.

I have a 60gig classic and after the latest Itunes update the 360 no longer recoginises it, after asking someone in the forums I was told that the latest update changes the database on the Ipod to somthing that the 360 doesnt recognise. If true that could be your problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom