Using inbuilt AV streamer with external amp

jamiep999

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone streaming from a high end AVR to an external amp connected via HT bypass? Will I get the full benefit of the external amp into the fronts or do I need to connect that to another dedicated streamer? I'm using a Yamaha Aventage 2070 and just bought a Musical Fidelity external amp which sounded awesome. Alternative is an APTX Bluetooth dongle attached to the MF external amp I guess. Just seems lots of boxes(and money) to use the pre-amp in the external otherwise and TV connectivity also harder without AVR still there Thanks

That what I'm doing , Marantz AVR preouts to an Exposure 2 channel amp. Node 2i output into the Exposure.

Even the other half noticed the difference

That what I'm doing , Marantz AVR preouts to an Exposure 2 channel amp. Node 2i output into the Exposure.

Even the other half noticed the difference
Yes but I was asking whether using the inbuilt streamer in the AV would degrade the quality of the MF external amp as the pre-amp section would still be the AV

Only way to know is to try it and see if you can hear a difference.
If you can borrow a streaming box, or get one on sale or return from a friendly local supplier?

At least try it 'as is' and see if you are happy enough for now... using one of the Pure/Direct type modes on AVR to stream as pure a stereo signal as possible.

The streaming source is likely to be a limiting sound quality factor in (at least) some instances.

AIUI your AVR is relatively high end price quality so any DACs etc.,. will not be easily/cheaply bettered.

I tried using an Emotiva USP-1 instead of my Denon AVR-X3700H for preamps into my Adcom GFA-545 II power amp for CD quality music streams and noticed no difference. Arguably, none of these devices is "high end"...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom