Using iCloud or Amazon to sort and delete duplicates

ptangyang

Novice Member
Hi all

I've got into a right pickle with my photos. Having originally been on Flickr, I tried to move the whole collection on to Google Photos. I used some software that messed up all the tags, dates, and created lots of duplicates. Google Photos don't offer any kind of duplicate sorting, particularly as useful data like date taken has now gone.

I'd like to upload the whole collection to either iCloud or Amazon, sort them out, and then re-download to put back on to Google. Can anyone see why this course of action wouldn't work? And could anyone recommend one platform over another? It needs to be a smart search function that analyses the content, as size (too many pics of similar size) and date taken (lost info as mentioned) aren't options.

Many thanks

Emma Barr

Standard Member
Amazon also comes with image recognition software which can easily recognize images if they are duplicates.

ptangyang

Novice Member
Thanks, unfortunately the info was too late and I went ahead as I described. NOT RECOMMENDED. iCloud strips the EXIF data from the images. So now I have a huge collection of images, some organised in folders that survived, but 1000s that have no information on how to collect them together. The only success was the removal of duplicates that I did with Gemini app which was very good. There seems to be a way to re-attach the EXIF data to the images, but its beyond my tech savy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom