Using hifi speakers with a panasonic px60

V

vickib

Hello all

I'm considering buying either a Panasonic PX60 or PX600, mainly for watching DVDs.

The main difference between them seems to be the sound. I already have a decent hi-fi separates system (Arcam amp and B&W speakers), which is linked up to my DVD player.

Should I buy the PX60 - saving 300 quid - and hook it up to my existing amp and speakers? Or would the sound quality be significantly better with the integral PX600 speakers?

(I don't have space for a proper surround sound system, alas).

Many thanks

Vicki

james_uk9

Novice Member
vickib said:
Should I buy the PX60 - saving 300 quid - and hook it up to my existing amp and speakers? Or would the sound quality be significantly better with the integral PX600 speakers?
Vicki
The PX600 speakers will be nowhere near as good as your hifi IMO. Personally I would save the 300quid and go for the PX60.

dickst3

Novice Member
I use my hifi and 2 mission speakers (instead of surround) and I find the setup awesome.

V

vickib

Thanks for these comments - v useful and also v exciting to think about the audio visual experience I'll be experiencing! I'll go for the PX60 (it doesn't look as nice as the 600 but don't think it's worth the extra just for looks).

Our local Panasonic shop has the 37 inch version for #1450, including a pedestal stand and 5-yr warranty. I've seen it quite a bit cheaper on other websites, but seems worth forking out the extra cash for the peace of mind and the after sales service.

ta v much again,

Vicki

tipple

Standard Member
vickib said:
Our local Panasonic shop has the 37 inch version for #1450, including a pedestal stand and 5-yr warranty. I've seen it quite a bit cheaper on other websites, but seems worth forking out the extra cash for the peace of mind and the after sales service.

ta v much again,

Vicki
Vicki,

Empire Direct are doing the 37" Cab for £1217.99 + £30 delivery. Why don't you get a PM from John Lewis. I know you want a ped but JL don't do the Ped version. After ordering you then inform JL you want to cancel the cab and they refund you £249 meaning you will get a 37PX60 for £998.99. You should be able to pick up a ped stand from the money you save quite easily.