1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using hd5 on multiple pc's

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by williamvdn, Jul 19, 2005.

1. williamvdn

williamvdn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. The_Mz

The_Mz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Unfortunately that link dies not work for me either, I would be interested to obtain the info though if you could post it again.

4. williamvdn

williamvdn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes: oops, sorry about that, guess i just paste it then:::

“Authorize” Your Device Manually:

1. Launch SonicStage software, and attach your device to the original PC.

2. Click the “Transfer” button to switch to the Transfer screen.

3. Click on the “Device/Media Info” button located near the bottom right corner of the ATRAC Audio Device panel.

4. Click the “Authorize” button. The Connect music store screen will appear.

5. Follow the on-screen steps. Note: You are not obligated to purchase music from the Connect music store, and you do not need to provide your credit card information in order to complete the device authorization process.

6. You can now transfer Connect content to your Network Walkman device, and utilize your device to share your music content on up to five PCs Note: SonicStage 3.1 or higher must be installed on the additional PCs.

7. When you attach your device to an additional PC and launch SonicStage software, a prompt will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions to authorize your device on the additional PC(s).

“De-Authorizing” a PC:

In order to share your content on a sixth PC, you will need to de-authorize one of the existing five PCs.

1. Launch SonicStage software, and choose “Connect music store” from the Music Source pull-down.

2. Log on to the Connect music store and click “Account.”

3. Go the “Purchased Music” section and click “Remove Your Account from this Computer.”

4. Find the name of the computer on which you are currently logged onto and click “de-authorize.”

5. Confirm de-authorization.

“De-Authorizing” a device:

If you will no longer be using your device with your current PC, you can de-authorize it for use on that PC.

1. Launch SonicStage software, and attach your device to the PC.

2. Choose “ATRAC Audio Device” from the “Transfer” screen pull-down menu.

3. Click on the “Device/Media Info” button located near the bottom right corner of the ATRAC Audio Device panel.

4. Click the “De-Authorize” button.

5. Follow the on-screen prompts.

5. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Thanks for posting this.

Does it only work for tracks purchased through Connect or does it let you have access to the entire content of your NW-HD5 / NW-HD5H?

6. williamvdn

williamvdn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It should work for all tracks, at least when they're not wmp copy-protected.

7. Roversrobin

Roversrobin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that - I've got a HD5 on order and just read a review which mentioned that its limited to one PC - that sounds simple enough though.

Is this rule just for transferring music only one of the reasons I went for a Hard Disk player is that I'll want to use it to transfer data files (Word etc) from uni PCs back to my home PC. I'm assuming that if the player is plugged into a random computer it will just appear as a hard disk drive in Windows explorer and I'll just be able to drag and drop the necessary files this way. I hope this is the case because the convenience would be almost overwhelming!!

8. stocksp

stocksp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes - for non OMG (music files), the HD5 just shows up as a usb hard drive

9. Liam0s

Liam0s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about if you format? I format my computer relatively often, what do you suppose happens there? Unless you can somehow backup your sonicstage data, or something... as in, you format the computer and the player doesn't recognise it as being Authorised, or whatever...