Question Using harmony to trigger action on rm pro

jk330ci

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help.
Scenario if I have a Logitech harmony to control my av equipment via one of their remotes and I want to use an broadlink rm pro to control my rf blinds and pj screen, can I push watch TV on the remote and it sends an ir signal to the rm pro which triggers the screen and blinds

I'm trying to work this out at the moment - did you have any luck solving this? I know you can use an Android device as a bridge but this seems a bit messy??

Yeah it is possible.
I have it setup, using the rmtasker app on an old always on android tablet that broadcasts your rmpro remote as Philips hue lights that Alexa and harmony can control. Loads of vids on YouTube which are more Alexa related but give you the same results on the remote too. I needed it for my rf projector screen and I’d say it’s around 80% reliable. I believe there have been issues with the tasker app being broken by broadlink but not in my case.
Paul hibbert on YouTube has a lot of helpful stuff.

Old thread I know but can you trigger an rm pro with a harmony one?

No not exactly as you describe as the harmony doesn’t have any way to trigger the rm pro. You can group actions together as described by @jk330ci above so that Alexa is the trigger.

I personally use stringify which is set up so I can have Alexa or a widget button on my phone to trigger a flow. This runs several actions including running my watch tv routine on my harmony and rf commands through the rmpro. Works pretty well.

No not exactly as you describe as the harmony doesn’t have any way to trigger the rm pro. You can group actions together as described by @jk330ci above so that Alexa is the trigger.

I personally use stringify which is set up so I can have Alexa or a widget button on my phone to trigger a flow. This runs several actions including running my watch tv routine on my harmony and rf commands through the rmpro. Works pretty well.

How does this work? I have a Harmony One (Not a Harmony Elite or Ultimate) so I'm not clear on what is communicating with the Harmony Remote to tell it to run 'Watch TV'

How does this work? I have a Harmony One (Not a Harmony Elite or Ultimate) so I'm not clear on what is communicating with the Harmony Remote to tell it to run 'Watch TV'

It will need to be a hub based remote to work, which ever way it’s done it’s a work around using various third parties to get the results you want.

My mistake didn’t realise you didn’t have the harmony hub which you would need to link both together as @jk330ci pointed out.

It’s one of the things that’s annoying me at the moment. All these different hubs for various smart home devices, no way of really tying everything properly together. I always wanted to use irule on a tablet to control everything but it was a bit of a mission.

It will need to be a hub based remote to work, which ever way it’s done it’s a work around using various third parties to get the results you want.

I did think this was the case. Was just hopeful that there was an easy workaround meaning i could just buy the RM Pro.

Thanks for the information.

Nope you still need the harmony hub to talk to the broadlink as broadlink only listens to RF commands when its in learning mode.

I was meaning without having an always on android device sat arround as a bridge. It would be really nice if the Harmony could just talk to the RM (or some other device) that works to use RF / WIFI stuff!

I have an inaccessible plug socket i need turning on & OFF (too much draw to use standby)

I was meaning without having an always on android device sat arround as a bridge. It would be really nice if the Harmony could just talk to the RM (or some other device) that works to use RF / WIFI stuff!

I have an inaccessible plug socket i need turning on & OFF (too much draw to use standby)

There are other ways of doing it if you have harmony hub.

I have home assistant running on raspberry pi. This allows me to connect loads of my smart stuff, lights, harmony hub, broadlink, wifi plugs the lot. Also works with Alexa and Google.

Can't you just get a wifi socket such as tp link, belkin wemo or sonoff S20 and use IFTTT or stringify. Also I thought the latest ewelink alexa skill actually works, but as I said above I dont use any of these methods any more.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom