1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Girder / ATI remote wonder & Nebula digi-TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by John_N, Jun 18, 2003.

1. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm using an ATI remote wonder into Girder via the ATI-remote-wonder plug-in. I'm using girder to control nebula digi-TV (or trying to).

My problem at the moment is that I've programmed channel up and channel down, but when I press channel up, digi-TV changes channels up TWO channels, ie I get 1,2,5.7.. etc and pressing channel-down changes down TWO channels.

Doesn't seem connected to the auto-repeat thing and I've even tried setting the anti-repeat delay to 1000ms and it still does it... Any ideas?

Ta
    J

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I would think that Girder learnt the code doubled up (i.e. twice in succession) as a single code. Try re-learning it with a really short key press on the sending remote to see if that fixes it. Also, if you look at the code string does it look repeated?

3. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Messiah,

No that's not it - it's using the all-in-wonder remote plug-in so the code is just something like "Channelup:Down" and it's not an IR code to learn.

:(

J

4. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    How are you getting girder to control DigiTV? WM_Command messages?

5. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Girder can emulate keypresses and point them to the "target" application. Have defined the "target" as DigiTV and away it goes. I believe that nebula are going to expose the methods to allow you to control it using WM_COMMANd in a new release.
    J

6. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fixed it! I checked on the box "send to first match only" and that seemed to sort it out... :)

7. oscar_p

oscar_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John_N,
    I'm thinking of getting an ATI remote wonder to control my nebula digi-TV. I've a couple of Qs:
    1. Have you got the wonder working well enough to replace the standard All-in-One remote that comes as standard with the Nebula?
    2. Can you share some tips on how to get it working (just got the HTPC working OK & am about to delve into the remote world)
    3. Can you control other Apps e.g myHTPC, JMC Media Centre easily (I'm guessing via Girder)
    4. Would you recommend the ATI remote wonder ? Build quality / ease of use / software / feel / wife approval factor !

Apologies for all the questions,
    OscarP

8. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    John_N - Do you know there is a list of WM_Commands on the Nebula support website? I'm using them in girder without any problems.

9. Jackass

Jackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +615
    BBD,

Please could you share your gml file for the Nebula card with the WM_Commands?

Cheers.

Steve.

10. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Steve sorry for the delay I've been laid-up with a bad cold. Please pm me your email address and I'll send you the DigiTV part of my girder gml file. It's work in progress at the moment but you'll see how I've used the WM_Commands.

PS Did you manage to find the commands on the Nebula site?

11. Jackass

Jackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +615
    You have PM BBD :)