1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Gale 3010 or Mordaunt Short 304 for hi-fi?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by StevieDvd, Mar 19, 2004.

1. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Before I sell on some spare speakers I wondered whether they would be suitable for a micro hifi.

The little Aiwa xrm98 stack system has some cheapish speakers and I wondered if a set of Gale 3010 bookshelfs would do a better job.

Or possibly the Mordaunt Short 304 centre speakers (have one, can pick up another on Ebay).

Cosmetic reasons really as the missus likes smaller speakers and she is the main user of that hi-fi so no need or budget to replace them with 'proper' speakers!!

I'd ditch the system but she uses it for her minidiscs & cassettes.

2. stevie_mc

stevie_mc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Gale 3010's and even though their not set up properly on a stand yet (I've got them sitting on pile of dvd cases on tables either side of my listening position) they sound pretty damn good. I've not really had a chance to compare them with much else but for £50 a pair you could do a lot worse

3. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    I'll do the obvious and try the Gale 3010's as I can audition them at my leisure.

If they are OK I'll use them instead of seling at a loss.

4. stevie_mc

stevie_mc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its only for a mini system, the Gales are probably going to be night and day compared to the crap that usually come with these systems and they shoudl be able to handle all the power your aiwa can throw at them and then some!!