Using Freesat EPG on LG Smart TV.

Budgie2

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an LG TV (32LU661H) which is sold as a "hotel or business" TV and wish to use it in my UK home. It is connected to a dish set up for Sky but no longer using a Sky box and fed through a quattro lnb and multiswitch and is working well except for the tuning program guide which results from auto tuning. This makes life difficult even after the elimination of encrypted channels.
I think it might be possible to set up a list of favourites so that I may quickly go to one of the few which are of interest but since the TV is supposed to be smart and offers means of installing my own website material etc, would it be possible to install the Freesat EPG on this TV?

would it be possible to install the Freesat EPG on this TV?
Only LG can do that and it would be via a firmware update to the set.
They'd also need to pay any licensing required by the Freesat organisation to do so.
A separate freesat box connected via hdmi is one answer? How to Get Freesat | Freesat

It may be worth asking LG support forums or Customer Service, though? Especially as some LG sets support Freesat. So do check the install menus carefully, and if any firmware updates are available? One thing any freesat set will ask for before tuning is entry of a postcode.

@Budgie2,

Out of interest.... Does your model offer the ability to 'Copy Programmes'? Which can usually be found via the 'Programmes' menu.

@Budgie2,

Out of interest.... Does your model offer the ability to 'Copy Programmes'? Which can usually be found via the 'Programmes' menu.
If it does I haven't found it yet. Still trying to get support from LG Commercial as most of what I want is advertised fo this TV but I cannot get anywhere with it. No templates for WebOS, SDK details or anything else.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom