Using Extra Sky+ box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by coeski, Mar 19, 2006.

1. coeski

coeski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently had Sky+ installed, and engineer run me 4 cables for downstairs and 2 for bedroom, as i had a sky+ box from before i moved, is it possible to hok this box up, as i tried and would not select my premium channels sky sports, but was able to use freeview ones :(

will i have to pay sky another sky+ sub :suicide:

Ski

2. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    when my sky+ was installed the installer dude had to phone sky up to pair the card to the box then it took like 2mins and I had Sky movies, guessing the same is true for your case

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You need a multiroom subscription which gives you an extra card which is a mirror of your main one. It costs £10 a month, but both boxes will need to be connected to the same phone line, and Sky are very strict on this.

4. coeski

coeski
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i did order the multiroom subscription, but i only got a normal sky upstairs, and then when i plugged my old sky+ box, i would not show my premium channels? however i could record and pause freeview stuff on my old sky+ box, but not premium.

Have i got to pay another tenner on top for this, as i cannot put in my new sub card into old sky+ box "card does not match set top box" or sommit like that on screen:mad: :mad:

Ski