Using extra feeds from sky hd box to tv (?)

Nabs

Just bought a new tv with sat feeds in my last did not.

I have been using my Skyhd box as a free view box over the last year and therefore have only been using the one tuner.

Am I correct in the thought that I could take the one feed off the sky hd box and connect to the tv and retain incoming programmes from the sky hd box (with one tuner for sport packages) and also utilise the tv sat tuner?

logiciel

Yes.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Beware that TV sat tuners may be free to air or (rarely) freesat.
The former will need setting up of favourites lists, channel ordering to be 'logical' and occasional but regular retuning as channels are added/removed/change frequency.
Likely only now/next epg.
It may not be a good user experience cf the $ky box (even with the pile of subscription only channel/banners/subscribe now stuff).

Freesat has automatic updating, logical channel numbering (e.g BBC 1 on 101) and a 7-day epg.
A Freesat TV will ask for a postcode when first tuning in / setting up on satellite.

winston2010

I have been using my Skyhd box as a free view box over the last year and therefore have only been using the one tuner.
Not possible. Freeview is a terrestrial service from an aerial. No way any satellite box can receive Freeview.

Nobody has mentioned the Freeview service. The OP is currently using his "Skyhd box as a free [to]
view" box ;)

.... and also utilise the tv sat tuner?
Is the satellite tuner built into your Pioneer KURO PDP-428XD television?

Last edited:
It's implied...

Nabs

Ok I mean free to view

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom