Using Currys Digital Vouchers

zed4

Hi,

Quick question I hope you can help with. I have discovered that I can buy Currys Digital Gift Vouchers at a 6% discount with my business Worldpay account.

Can I use these to buy items online, even if the product I want is in a promotion?

I hope someone here can clarify this for me, otherwise I'll try the Currys call centre.

Thanks,

Dan

simonlewis

Why ?

simonlewis

If it were me i would avoid currys and get a john lewis voucher instead. :)

zed4

It looks like I can. You simply order gift cards, but they're sent digitally, rather than a physical card. The only constraint is that you can't use more than 5 per transaction. Which is fine, as you can buy 5x £500 vouchers.

I've gone through the checkout to buy the TV and the last page gives me the option to enter gift cards. Happy days! Another 6% off. :)

Suave

Distinguished Member
It looks like I can. You simply order gift cards, but they're sent digitally, rather than a physical card. The only constraint is that you can't use more than 5 per transaction. Which is fine, as you can buy 5x £500 vouchers.

I've gone through the checkout to buy the TV and the last page gives me the option to enter gift cards. Happy days! Another 6% off. :)

Hi,

Really glad you got the TV you wanted with the discount so hope all goes well for you! Having said that, a 6% discount (even much bigger!) is not enough for me to even buy most things at Curry's/PC World let alone an OLED TV - you are braver than me I concede!

I was just reading up about their shocking after sales services & tactics they use only yesterday as I was interested whether they were complying with the new consumer laws but alas, it seems they are not for the most part when it comes to what customers are told & how they are fobbed off afterwards.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you will have a trouble free set!

Suave!

zed4

Hi,

Really glad you got the TV you wanted with the discount so hope all goes well for you! Having said that, a 6% discount (even much bigger!) is not enough for me to even buy most things at Curry's/PC World let alone an OLED TV - you are braver than me I concede!

I was just reading up about their shocking after sales services & tactics they use only yesterday as I was interested whether they were complying with the new consumer laws but alas, it seems they are not for the most part when it comes to what customers are told & how they are fobbed off afterwards.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you will have a trouble free set!

Suave!

Haven't bought it yet, I was just testing the checkout process. The TV doesn't seem to be available anywhere else though. I would prefer to buy from JL.

IronGiant

Is this the OLED TV they are pimping on the TV adverts? Does sound nice :thumbsup:

IronGiant

Not jealous at all :censored:

Nice one :thumbsup:

MacrosTheBlack

Nice extra discount!

It's fine to buy things in Curry's / PC World. Just expect the service to be slow and don't waste your time talking to the sales staff about anything or getting ripped off with extra warranties or expensive accessories like cables etc.

So best method is know what you want before hand. Go in, get it and get out with it with the minimal amount of engagement with the VERY poorly trained staff.

IronGiant

Bought our LG Plasma from Curry's 5 or more? years ago. No problems at all.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Nice extra discount!

It's fine to buy things in Curry's / PC World. Just expect the service to be slow and don't waste your time talking to the sales staff about anything or getting ripped off with extra warranties or expensive accessories like cables etc.

So best method is know what you want before hand. Go in, get it and get out with it with the minimal amount of engagement with the VERY poorly trained staff.

I've checked more than 88 times now and I'm convinced the Delorean hasn't taken me back to 1996.
Just spent £500 in there (Well actually £10 cheaper than anyone else) and had a most pleasant experience without any pressure and armed with the info I've gained through my own research....Who shops without being armed with info anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom