using cat5 to extend analogue cables

cameronl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi there, I am looking at using something like KAT5 or MadNat to send my stereo signal over a long-ish distance with Cat5e.

My only concern is with the quality - will the sound be inferior to that of a normal analogue cable run?

I will be running a RME 9632 sound card into a A75+ amp.

thanks for your time.

CaM

I am currently 'testing' all these MadNat balun products if you can wait a week or two. I think they are currently missunderstood and offer serious technical merit.

hey there, thanks for that - I'll wait a couple of weeks then :)

Cameron

I would be interested to hear any reports of S-video and/or digital audio distributed through CAT5. I know the hardware exists but I haven't seem/heard it in action.

I literally have a set of component, RGB, SVIDEO, Composite, SVIDEO and audio, aerial, digital (ie 2 baluns sets, 1 for each end). All from memory, there may well be more. I have all the necessary CAT 5 cables as well now so testing has started. This should cover most of people interests. I would be interested to know what peple want to hear from this.

hi there, the thing that I am most interested in is the sound quality for 2 chanel stereo - more importantly I guess is if I'm using good components will I notice a degradation in sound quality?

i.e.

RME 9632 sound card > A75+ stereo amp

thanks heeps for the information.

CaM

I would be interested to know what peple want to hear from this.

Just how well they stand up against the recognised cables.

I know from the CCTV industry that this is becoming the recognised way for composite video connections, especially over extra long runs. Definitly interested on your veiws of the audio connectors though.

hi there, I was just wondering whether you ahve had any inital thoughts on the quality of these products yet?

thanks for your time.

CaM

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom