Using Burnatonce Software (Help)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by lcarter, Mar 14, 2004.

1. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this isnt really the forum for software - but didnt know where else to put it.

I am using the great free software of burnatonce as I only burn to DVD-R. I really don't have any problems just one niggling one.
    When I burn onto a 4 x speed it goes great, but when I try and burn onto 2 x speed (Datasafe) on the settings page where it shows the speed it shows 1 x speed, which cannot be changed. As I say I have no problems with this software but obviously if I can get it to do 2 x speed all the better (half the time). Maybe the Pioneer 106 needs an update?

Does anyone know a way round this problem?
    :cool:

2. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi lcarter. :)

My guess would be your Pioneer doesn't recognise the Datasafe as 2x.
    So you may be right in thinking it needs a firmware update. ;)

3. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Txs ddlooping

After being on the pioneer site was a bit worried in downloading the firmware as they had a warning on it - is it best to do or just to leave it

Ta for your vision

4. MatthewS

MatthewS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using the Pioneer firmware or an rpc1 firmware? most of the hacked rpc1 firmwares have the media checks removed so you can specify the burn speed yourself.

http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/

Matt.

5. lcarter

lcarter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Txs Matt

I am a bit naive I dont know the diff between the pioneer or the rpc1 firmware.

By what you say maybe I need the website you gave me pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/ and that one will be the rite one for the diff speeds of dvd writing.

I hope?