Using an AV Digisender but Unable to change channels on Bedroom tv

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by michael0903, Jul 31, 2012.

1. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using the old Sky+ Amstrad DRX280 Satelite Receiver to which I have had connected an AEI Digisender 2.4GHZ Transmitter/ReceiverDG200[analogue]model this sends AV to my bedroom TV.Signal was good and I could change channels with Sky Remote through the Digi Eye.Now I have a problem!!
    I have just Upgraded Sky+ to Sky+HD with Amstrad DRX 890 Receiver,I have connected the Digisender in the same manner I get an AV signal ok on Bedroom TV upstairs but I can't change the channels with either theREV 8 0r New Rev9 Sky Remote!!![NB I have positioned the Digi Eye correctly downstairs according to AEI. &I AM NOT PAYING FOR /RECEIVING HD.Using same card, if this makes any difference?]
    Can anyone advise me what may be going wrong? TKS
    Michael

2. Stevenage Neil

Stevenage Neil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Where? It should be just right of centre of the box.

3. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. RobbySpurs

RobbySpurs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,867
    Try searching the forum. This has been dealt with before but it was a while ago. There are various work arounds I seem to remember but they are a bit of a faff. Good luck.

5. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
  6. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for delay in replying, as I have just updated my AV sender from DG200 to DG400,which AEI advise should work with latest SKY+HD STB.
    Unfortunately I am getting the same problem as before IE..I Can't change Channels on second TV even though I have tried my old Sky+ remote,which works perfectly on the TV in the Lounge Downstairs even though I have a much better picture/sound with the new AV Sender Unit,which also uses an improved Infra Red Extender Device.So I am back at square one again having spent more money.!
    I haven't found AEI Customer Support at all helpful as all they say is that the DIGIEYE is very sensitive and must be moved around to a position where it works.The operating instructions are also confused and misleading .Poor considering the retail on this kit is close to £100!!
    Anyone else had a similar problem which they resolved.?

Michael

7. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    :confused:
    Isn't this about changing channels on the Sky machine?

8. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes as I can't change channels on the second tv,whilst its in the A/V mode and is being sent the a/v signal from the SKY STB downstairs via The AEI Digisender.I Can change channels of the Main TV without any problem as Remote is pointed directly at the SKY STB .. So perhaps the Digisender Infra Red Digieye is not working correctly,but I have no way of testing it?Hope thats clearer now? Michael

9. MartinPickering

MartinPickering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    But can you change TV channels on the second TV while it's NOT in A/V mode?

10. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    That's made it less clear.
    I asked if it's about changing channels on the Sky machine - your responded yes, but then said it's about changing channels on something else, the TV.:confused:

11. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes thats not a problem

Just to clarify the situation..it is only a problem when im watching A/V signals/channels relayed from downstairs SKY STB..so yes its when I am trying to change the channels on the SKY STB or switch the SKY STB off from upstairs via digisender.Hope that helps
    Michael NB Freeview side all working fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  12. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    So "the same problem as before IE..I Can't change Channels on second TV" really meant that from location two you can't change the channel that's showing on the TV there and that's selected on the Sky machine in location one?
    This really shouldn't affect the IR control, but have you tried the all or some of the sixteen frequencies of transmission that the videosender provides?

13. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ..That is the problem exactly..are you describing changing to a different channel[1-16] using the small Remote Control supplied with
    the Digisender? If thats the case then i havent tried it,and Im not sure that its working,as I have not had to use it...Michael

14. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    The videosender does allow a choice of any of 16 transmission channels.
    I don't know how you select them, but you're meant to use the option if necessary, so do give them a try.

15. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi thank you for your reply regarding the AEI DG400 Digisender which has 16 Channels this is true.. BUT quoting from AEI"Changing the Remote Control Extender Channel..This really only applies if one or more neighbours are using a DG400 Digi Remote Extender and they are changing your channels".I will however give it a try and change to a different channel ensuring its the same on both:lease: Transmitter and Receiver in the hope that it resolves the problem.I will report back accordingly..Michael

16. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    I didn't know about that, but it's certainly worth a try - probably better than my idea.
    I was referring to the choice of channels for transmitting the programme, though as I said "this really shouldn't affect the IR control".

17. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ..Yes I see what you mean,but I have changed both to different settings.Worth a try! Michael
    NB Its strange that the DG400 Remote Extender Digi Eye will work ok with my old Amstrad DRX280 SKY+ STB but not with the New DRX890 HD :facepalm:SKY STB?

18. MartinPickering

MartinPickering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Is the swap from DRX280 to DRX890 the ONLY change you have made?
    Have you, for example, changed the position of the Digibox or its wiring, or of the TV set, or swapped or added something?
    Please think carefully.

19. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No changes made to position of Either TV's the SKY STB The Digisender Transmitter or remote extender or the receiver in my bedroom or the way its cabled up.NB I heard from AEI that they are sending me an improved Remote extender DigiEye so perhaps they have been having a few problems with thier IR remotes when they are being used with the latest SKY+HD STBS?

20. MartinPickering

MartinPickering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Interesting. So you got a Sky+HD receiver but you didn't add an HDMI lead to connect your TV in order to watch HD?

21. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't subscribe to Sky HD at £10+ a month, I got the STB free anyway as I have the option of going over to Virgin as my house is cabled up for it, so I suppose it was a sweetener from SKY! the latest boxes have 250gb storage and the better EPG but my TVs are only 720i,but I will probably connect up my dvdr and STB with HDMI cables as soon as I can get my issues with the Amstrad HD box sorted as currently I have reinstalled my old SKY+ Box which has no HDMI of course

22. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    You don't have to subscribe, to get HD channels!
    It's a waste of the HDMI sockets not to use them, and the cables are only a couple of pounds each from the corner shop.:)

23. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree with you about that,but as you are aware you have to subscribe to get the Sky HD Channels only the Freeview ones are free ie BBC ITV etc and I do have the HDMI cables and will be using them as soon as I can reinstall my HD STB..NB waiting for upgraded Infra red remote extender from AEI which will hopefully resolve the issue with channel changing on the STB . But thanks for your help which is appreciated..Michael

24. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    Freeview is terrestrial TV so that isn't involved here.
    There are more free HD channels than those, from satellite, on your Sky machine.
    You should see an improvement when you can put the HD machine back.
    Let us know how you get on with the videosender.
    Logi

25. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will..tks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  26. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi LOGICIEL..I received a replacement IR Remote Extender for my AEI Digisender so I reinstalled my SKY+HD STB but despite trying hundreds of Different positions for it in front/to the side/ 3" away from STB Eye,I couldnt get the STB channels to change from my bedroom with either SKY+ or SKY+HD remotes.Which makes me wonder wheter although AEI claim that the equipment is compatable in my case its not!I would be interested to hear from anyone who has the same AEI Digisender DG200 and whether it works with SKY+HD STB..Michael

27. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    Hi - that's really strange, so we do need to hear from others who have that sender.
    If you decide to give up on it try an ordinary separate IR extender - you could get it from a shop that will refund without any questions at all, and take it back if it didn't work either.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  28. MartinPickering

MartinPickering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    I don't like the implication that other companies won't give refunds on returned goods. I'm doing it every week. If a customer orders the wrong thing and it still looks like new, we'll give a full refund (less postage). This is no different from Arg0s giving a full refund (not including bus fare or fuel cost).

BTW, the word "Arg0s" in Greek means "slow; or "late". :D

29. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but I don't want to get into any arguement,I am trying to tell things as they are Martin,I would just like to get what I have to work as thats what AEI claim "that it should work with the SKY HD Boxes"I am hoping that I may be able to speak with the AEI Engineer who repairs Digisenders as he may be able to throw a bit more light on what may be going on.I don't really want to spend any more money at the moment,whether I can take something back and get a refund is irrelevent to me.
    But I would like the issue of why it wont work raised in the forum and more information gained from others who may be in the same situation.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  30. michael0903

michael0903
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your reply..agreed there must be others who are having this problem,Im hoping to speak to the AEI Engineer about this problem as the AEI Support Team cant resolve the problem.Sky have suggested there may be a compatability issue here as the AV Sender will work with the older SKY+ STB but not with the latest SKY+HD STB..Michael