Using an 8 year old Full HD 1080p Television with a Super HD 2K (2019 release) IP Camera at 2688 x 1520 resolution - Delayed streaming on live view

kev269

Novice Member
Hi,

I have an old Samsung Full HD 1080p TV and I purchased it about 8 years ago.

I recently purchased an IP Network Camera and it is connected to a Network Video Recorder, which is then connected to my TV. The IP camera is streaming on my TV through the recorder at a resolution of 2688 x 1520.

The problem I have is that there is a delay on my live view compared to what is happening outside my house that becomes progressively worse and lasts 3 to 4 seconds if the recorder is kept idle for at least 30 minutes. The delay then becomes even worse and lasts 7 to 8 seconds if the recorder is left idle for more than an hour. The most odd and strange part is that if I click into the menu and then go back to the live view at any time, the delay goes back to lasting for half a second, but then once the recorder is left idle again for 30 minutes, the longer delay re-appears.

Through trial and error I have identified that the cause of this is potentially the TV because the TV is out of date and can't cope with the higher resolution. I did lower the resolution of the camera and the delay did decrease, but I still need to test it for a bit longer.

Can anyone please confirm that the reason I am having this delay is because the TV is struggling to process the high resolution of the IP camera, before I go out and buy a new TV?

Many thanks for your help,

Last edited:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The cause of it is the recorder as the behaviour changes when you go through the menus?

You haven't detailed any evidence pointing to a bug in the TV's scaling.

Is the TV getting that resolution? You're vague about what is streaming to what but if you're not using a streaming software built into the TV then it's pretty likely that whatever is acting as the streaming client is outputting a different resolution to the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom