using alexa to use siri shortcuts...

gaogier

Standard Member
So, here is the main problem

I need to boot, and make my pc sleep without the tv on, using my voice. I do not like siri, it won't work all the time, unless I unlock my phone and that is what I don't want to do. I have alexa flex in my room, where I call a bed time routine and that turns power on my room, turns my TV on, turns my light on and allows me to get into bed, where I can ask for my PC or Sky q to be on.

Problems, I can get Wake and sleep working but only via 1 app, not sure why. the App is called wolow, This has now got a feature where it allows apples shortcuts to access the features where I have setup Sleep and wake, using my voice, but this is with Siri, and I need it to be Alexa.

What I have done, is tried to use "middle men" by using apps like pushcut, and ifttt. I have no experience with these two and having some difficulties. My main difficulty with Pushcut is that it will only work if I "open" the notification, and I don't have a clue how to use IFTTT, which I think is my main only option.

Any advise?

PS, I am autistic and disabled so moving and doing many tasks are hard, and just want to use as little commands as possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom