Using alexa remotely

pugme

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoping someone may have an idea for me here.

I have just purchased a broadlink rm2 so that I can use alexa to turn my pc on and off in my front room via voice control along with my tv and amp. Which is great it means I can use voice to get my home cinema up and running.

I run plex on my pc for This, now I'm curious if there is a way I can remotely give alexa a command so that I can turn on my pc from as an example work in London.

Which would then give my phone access to my plex server, and likewise I would be able to put the pc back to sleep via the same method.

A friend has said about using wake over lan, which I will look into, bit would prefer to be able to activate my echo skills remotely if possible as it would also mean I would be able to close curtains and turn lights on etc.

I am not quite sure how the broadlink rm pro is controlling your PC unless its via RF or IR??

If this is the case then you have an android tablet with the Tasker broadlink RM plugin in to utilise the Alexa bridge and allow voice commands?? This has an http bridge which would allow remote control provided you use port forwarding and have a static IP address.

Otherwise IFTTT or Stringify both have built in HTTP post/get which via the appropriate tasker plugin would allow you to send the commands through tasker or macrodroid. I used this link to set up command to tell my broadlink to switch my kitchen light on when I arrive home the kitchen light being controlled through the RM pro.

[HOW TO] Hookup Tasker to IFTTT using AutoRemote • r/tasker

Hope this helps

Sweet!! Yeah it does.

Hopefully my broadlink is going to turn up today. I saw a YouTube video showing how to do this using ir and thought that seems a good idea [emoji16]

As I'm aware a couple of days next week on a short trip I thought I'd post and ask about how to turn my pc on remotely to save me having to rush the setup etc.

So I'll have a read on that later

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom